We start our process with a short interview to outline the goals and expectations for your new website. Some of the areas we'll ask about are:
- Who is the site for?
- What do they expect to find or do there?
- What is your primary goal for the website?
- Does the website need to clearly convey a brand’s core message, or is it part of a wider branding strategy with its own unique focus?
- What competitor sites, if any, exist, and how should this site be inspired by or different than, those competitors?
We'll also discuss what pages and features the site requires to fulfill your goals, and the timeline for building those out. Steps in the Development phase include...
- Defining how the content and features will interrelate.
- Content creation: Now that we have a bigger picture of the site in mind, we can start creating content for the individual pages, always keeping search engine optimization in mind to help keep pages focused on a single topic.
- Visual elements: With the site architecture and some content in place, we can start working on the visual brand. Depending on the client, this may already be well-defined, but you might also be defining the visual style from the ground up.
Testing, Launch, and Moving Forward
The last mile of your website project includes Testing, setting up a Launch, and thinking about the future needs of your site...
- Testing: By now, you've got all your pages and defined how they display to the site visitor, so it's time to make sure it all works. We combine manual browsing of the site on a variety of devices with automated site crawlers to identify everything from user experience issues to simple broken links.
- Website Launch! Once everything's working beautifully, it's time to plan and execute your site launch! This should include planning both launch timing and communication strategies — that is, when you launch your site how will you let the world know it's there?
- Training Phase: We'll train you how to maintain your own content and explain everything you need to have to move forward with your new website.
- Optional ongoing support is available by enrolling in our Website Care Plan.